Universal Cheese Tower
As a response to our customer’s needs, we developed the tower technology and equipment to revolutionize cheese production for either a 40 lb. block tower or direct-fill of 640-pound blocks and barrels. The Universal Tower System was engineered for flexibility, efficient floor space utilization, utility consumption savings, improved production and overall cost reductions.
The Universal Tower System is comprised of a large vertical column, outer and inner drain sections and a block cutter/mill. The curd and whey are pumped from vats to a whey drainage filter. Whey is drained from the curd, and if desired, the curd is washed. From here the curd is emptied into the first tower for a pre determined amount of time while the curd is cheddaring and draining whey. The curd is then milled off the bottom of the column in ¾" X ¾” fingers and dropped into a hopper and augured into our metered salting system. From here it is blown into the second tower to mellow again for a pre-set amount of time. It is then milled, crumbled and blown to either a 40 lb. block tower or directly to a 640 or 500 lb. barrel line.
- Utilize less production floor space
- Increased output flexibility and options
- Cost savings of up to 25% compared to traditional belt systems
- Maintenance savings because of fewer moving components
- Increased buffer time if downstream processes fail
- Cheddaring capacity of 40,000 lbs
- Process capacity of 25,000 lbs. of curd per hour