Control Panel Assembly and Testing
Millerbernd is one of the original control panel engineering and fabrication companies. We are a dedicated group of engineers, designers, and technical craftsmen with years of design and fabrication experience in mechanical and electrical engineered systems. We specialize in service to large and small customers in the OEM, Automation, Alternative Energy, Cheese and Dairy, Food and Beverage, Grain Handling, Municipal Waste, Packaging Engineering, Pharmaceutical and Robotics Integration Industries.
All panels we fabricate undergo a detailed, documented Panel Checkout Procedure developed specifically for each panel. Each procedure is developed and approved by the Project Manager. Our fabrication facility, Millerbernd Laser, is ISO 9001-2008 Certified to assure that your panel matches its specifications perfectly.
In addition, we have a 65 point QA checklist and every control panel is hot tested before delivery. All PLC output points and hardwired circuits are hot verified. All high voltage circuits are checked for continuity and ground faults.
Panel quality assurance checkouts include, but are not limited to:
- Panel power-up and fusing testing
- Wire continuity testing
- I/O simulation
- Operator Interface verification
- Terminal torque testing
- Nameplate and wire tagging verification
- Other testing as required for complete functionality
- 100% testing
- Instrument set up and calibration
- Device Simulation
We provide UL Listed panels unless the customer specifies otherwise. We have the following UL Listing capabilities:
- UL 508 for General Purpose Control Panels
- UL for Explosion-proof and Purged Enclosures
- UL 698 for Hazardous Location Panels with Intrinsic Safe Circuits